As what I've post in my honblog facebook page and an2xblog twitter, now I copied the S2Lulu official announcement, free to play guys ! Let's get in on....
This Friday we will be introducing a patch that has some really strong updates. A quick preview of what you will see in the patch includes:
1. Report A Player functionality
2. New hero based on DotA's Kunkka - The Gladiator
3. Complete Rampage rework
4. Gauntlet changes and undev
5. A new Item
6. Bunch of misc. balances and tweaks
To go along with this excellent patch, we will be inviting all existing beta accounts, (that have not purchased) to come back and play HoN for FREE over the weekend. Starting Friday at noon EST and ending Sunday 11:59pm EST anyone can login with their old beta account and enjoy HoN once again.
So, the 0.2.74 test client patch update is up, just few minutes ago and now I'm patching it.I already read the changelog and the heroes changes.
So this is the sneak peek
Gauntlet got reworked
Engineer's Turret got reworked
Rampage remake, and it's the huge thing in the patch
Also as you guys read few times already,
Kunkka port is there, named Gladiator
and new item Blood Chalice is the Soul Ring from DotA.
So this is Gladiator, 1 word, awesome !
Triumph - Can you leak us any information about some of the upcoming changes in the next patch?
S2Nome - So, the upcoming patch is going to be absolutely HUGE. Not only is it the biggest patch since release, but it's also the most far-reaching. There is one new hero, two hero remakes, one new item, and a plethora of hero tweaks and rebalances that will have a huge ripple on how the game is played.
Triumph - Can you give us any specific details? I hear rumours of some DotA items will be making their appearance.
S2Nome - You'd be correct there. The item is called Blood Chalice, and it's all about making sacrifices. Rampage, one of the most controversial DotA ports, has gotten a full makeover.
That's the important points from netGameRadio interview with S2Nome, see the full interview here : http://bit.ly/aFPywb
So, this new item called blood chalice, was founded before few days ago, made by A`nub`is in his item suggestion thread here : http://bit.ly/95KzBI .
The point is, is the upcoming Blood Chalice is the same as the A`nub`is Blood Chalice?In other word it's ported now?
The answer is : no, it's just got same name but not the same item.
So just sharing about A`nub`is's Blood Chalice :
I am just throwing this out there so we can hopefully get a full server (only 1 - 160 client slots) available for testing of the Blood Chalice, The Gladiator, Rampage, Gauntlet, Engineer, Fayde, and all of the other balance tweaks(Balph, Legionnaire, etc) or bug fixes .
We are also changing how we do checking for mods significantly, so getting a lot of people over all sorts of computers will help greatly.
We are aiming for tomorrow later afternoon.
Which probably means midnight. :P
It will probably be version 0.2.74 (I think), so wait for that. Check IRC for more info tomorrow.
So, another spoiler for the next patch, that this following heroes will get patched, Engineer, Rampage, Fayde, and Gauntlet, especially Rampage, Idejder wrote in his twitter that the Rampage got rework and it's an awesome one.Also another good stuff coming is a new item, look item beside, that's the new item, what is that? is it Urn of Shadow from DotA? and maybe, if all of those stuffs are done well, maybe we can get a new hero in the next patch ! cool, also Kunkka port confirmed as a gladiator, see it here for complete information : http://bit.ly/bvhpiK
This was a different take on tundra - a Viking riding a mountain goat.
Obviously a more whimsical take on the hero.
Okay guys, I'm back from my long holiday and I got very stressed because for 1 week, I can't get online and see the news keep updating but my blog didn't update.But thanks to my friend R1ckyw4n6 that helped me post the 1.0.3 changelog and also Bloodseeker.
A rumour spread in the forum because of what Idejder said about the new hero, also Maliken give the statement about that, another port called Doctor Repulsor, and Maliken said it’s going to be Storm Spirit or a.k.a Raijin, that thunder panda, for me it’s make sense, because the repulsor thing is related to thunder things.
They got S2Aaron artwork that maybe is the concept art for Dr Repulsor, but S2Ari said that’s just S2Aaron work fork other company..See the picture below, cool doesn’t it?
Also we still waiting for the Kunkka and Furion port coming soon, but when?In the next patch?
We also got 2 tourney, the newest is the Dreamhack Summer 2010 tourney, prize pool over 20.000$, and the older one, is the Newegg Wanfest tournament, prize about 5.000$, already started.
Next, S2Aaron posted this possible cover artwork for Heroes of Newerth, what does it mean?They said they’re not selling it in store, still no information, eventhough, it’s awesome guys !
Possible Box Art
here is some possible box art covers for the front and back, hope you guys dig em.
Then, if you guys see the news in the website, they said the S2Games are hiring more crew, and you guys can see the job applications and etc, but there’s a statement like this :
" Responsibilities: Work closely with the art team to create high quality textures and icons for characters and other assets for our widely popular game "Heroes of Newerth," as well as our new unannounced title in the works. "
A new game from S2Games?Still mystery and it’s another curiousing news..
Don’t forget about this picture, I kept wondering, who is this hero?Is it just a concept of nobody, or maybe what, I don’t know and I want to know, I’ll try to post it in the forum to ask about it.
When you guys, the former beta tester but not didn’t prepurchase the game, you log on into the game and will see the screen about prepurchasing that contains this picture, a cool looking hero but I don’t know who, is it he upcoming concept art?or maybe just S2Dream Poster hero?
And the last thing, I already asked my friend to design me a photoshop blogger layout, because as you know, all of us hate this blog’s template, it doesn’t tell what is the contents, and many reasons, so it’s a bad template.I want you guys to see the sneak peek or the photoshop layout, for me it’s cool, now I’m searching for a layout maker to code it for me and then I can change this worst template.
So that's the news update from me, hope it's not too late, and sorry back then for the late update guys..and thanks to keep visiting my blog.
Version 1.0.4(Think of this as a minipatch)
- Tournament mode updated to not allow mods to be used * Players with mods installed cannot play in tournament mode games, however they can spectate * Tournament mode games are forced invitation-only games, meaning the host must invite the other players into the match * Tournament mode will still allow teams to specify who gets first ban so teams can decide between first ban/team pick
- Reworked how health and mana lerps work so they are cleaner overall - You can now press tab after typing /r to rotate through a list of people who have whispered you recently - The score screen can now be toggled (default [ key) - Fixed an extremely rare case where a player could be terminated after the game ended (counting as a leave) - Fixed an issue causing gold/min and exp/min stats to become inaccurate when game was paused - Fixed an issue causing gold/min and exp/min to become inaccurate when a player disconnected/reconnected - Removed an unnecessary option from options menu - Gold lerping removed - Fix to a bug that allowed people to pick a hero during a banning phase or in an all-random game
- Moved outside tier 1 neutral camps to where the outposts were - Moved outposts to where the tier 1 outside neutral camps were - Building health increased to be -20% of normal, from -25% of normal
Chronos - Fixed Time Lock not applying to enemies
Electrician - Cleansing Shock can now be cast on self via double-activate
If you got problem with the patch, go to this thread
If you got problem about can't update the patch go to this thread
------------- - Fixed the changelog ingame to be the correct version
------------- Darkwood Vale
- Removed two neutral spawns, replaced them with outposts - Replaced two of the higher tier neutral camps with tier 1 neutrals - Outermost towers are now level 1 towers (instead of level 2) * This means they will do slightly less damage and less starting health, same as the outer most towers on Caldavar - Lowered building health on this map by 25%, lowered ranged rax health regeneration rate by 25% (these changes only affect the darkwood vale map) - Moved some trees to allow better ward spots to cover runes
And also got a bad news, I will go to Jakarta and Bandung for 1 week, until 20th June 2010, starting Monday 14th June 2010, and as what you guys can read above, the patch should come in this weekend, and I'm afraid because of the time zone, the patch will arrive in Monday, but I hope it's not, because I don't want to give you guys late update, because I'm always the fastest and up to date news !But if I do, i'm very sorry for this inconvinience, but don't worry, I'm always updating the honblog facebook via mobile and an2xblog twitter, so stay tune and become fans and follow my twitter guys !
We have a few things that we need people to test specifically:
- Towers in Darkwood Vale
- Known Bug: Wildsoul ult toggle has no cast time
- The Mute/Icons/Right-Click menu in the game lobby
- That potential heroes are in fact cleared when the picked hero is banned (or picked by other team)
- That potential heroes are not incorrectly cleared during the transition between banning and picking phase
- Test some creep aggro stuff, see if you can get multiple camps to aggro you for no reason or from far ranges
- Projectiles are now correctly initialized on construction (fixes a few issues)
- Potential hero is cleared when banned
- The game lobby will now play the epic lobby.mp3 music
- Fixed game option tooltips occupying the same space the mouse cursor is
- Fixed up Profanity Filter tooltip to show up when the option is hovered over
- Fixed turning off Heatlh/Manabar shadows with the option
- Fixed stats defaulting to public stats
- Moved the voip mute button/icon things to the small colored circle to the side of the player slot (which normally is only used for the right-click menu) in all game phases
* The normal right-click menu (which is only available pre-hero-picker) now occupies the same spot used to show the player's avatar/left-click to join button)
I wanted to give you guys a status report on Heroes of Newerth. It has been almost 4 weeks since we went retail and we've seen steady growth and consistent addition of players (and it shows no signs of slowing down). At S2 Games things haven't slowed down either. We've released a few patches, one of which contained a new hero. You'll instantly recognize Bubbles and his ability to shell toss, teleport, silence, and crowd control team fights! If you haven't had a chance to play him, you are missing out. We currently have a test patch out with new features, as well as another immediately recognized hero, Tundra. He is a Legion strength hero who has a couple of pets that help him gain vision and slow enemies. This hero will be fully released by week's end!
With 2 new heroes that is just the beginning as we continue to bring all your favorite heroes to the game, ARGGG matey. *hint hint*
We are happy to announce that registration for the Peregrine HoN Pride has now begun! This tournament (with a $12,000 prize pool) will be the first installment of the HoN Pride tournament series hosted exclusively by myMYM every few months. For those of you who have been patiently waiting on the sidelines, now is your chance to sign up and we hope you are ready to compete.
Here are the prizes for the first of many HoN Pride tournaments to come!