Heroes of Newerth is already one of the most popular games at DreamHack. During the DreamHack Summer event all attendees will be able to play HoN for FREE. All you have to do is download the game from www.heroesofnewerth.com and start playing! Gather some friends and sign-up for the DreamHack BYOC tournament! - Read the rest of the article here
2. HoNPortal Hero Guide Competition
So if you guys heard already about another hon site, this honportal should be one of your list, in order to promote the site, they are recruiting writers by making this competition, so please follow their twitter and facebook page too, to join the competition please go to this thread :
3. S2Games " We are not afraid " against Valve and DotA2
- Fixed Homecoming Stone effects playing on Towers through fog
- AFK players are no longer included in vote counts
- Added 6 account icons created by community member Popo`
- Added some new data to the Watch User interface
- Fixed some annoyances with the Topbar and Notifications
Fixed the following to prevent mod exploits:
- Blood Chalice
- Sacrificial Stone
- Balphagore's Hell on Newerth
== Items ==
- Returned the visual effects when the Flying Courier used its Q and W
- Fixed so it won't affect siege units
- Now disarms the tower you teleport into for 3 seconds (begins at the start of the channel)
- Adds an additional 3 seconds to the disarm for every additional teleport while it is still disarmed
* First disarms for 3s total, length of the channel
* Second disarms for 6s total, 3s seconds past channel
* Third disarms for 9s total, 6s seconds past channel, etc
- Fixed so it won't affect siege units
Mock of Brilliance
- Fixed it showing the glow only when it is 'on' and not 'off'
So, tomorrow Im going on holiday to Bali with my highschool friends, and i will be back on Sunday and Im afraid that Friday there will be a patch, or maybe new updates from s2games.
I will try update via twitter, so please i suggest you guys to follow @HonBlog
And im sorry for the inconvinience
------------- - Added a missing texture
- Fixed shop stock decreasing even if you had a full inventory when trying to buy a limited quanity item
- Fixed a longstanding annoyance where on screen health bars that appear above units would occlude other health bars
* This was most prevalent when a full health creep was standing to the left of a low health creep. The full health creep's health bar would end up occulding the health bar of the low hp creep, making it much harder to last hit/deny
- Added 4 new Account Icons
== Heroes ==
- Added a new Agility hero: Silhouette
- Introducing a Limited Edition Alt Avatar: Bunny Predator - Available for 1 week only
- Added a new Premium Alt Avatar: Wretched Hottie
- Added a new Alt Avatar: White Lotus Silhouette
This picture says all, but Im afraid, today is the last day of my highschool exam and I think I will post a late update about the video later until tonight, I will try to update via Blackberry if I can, and @Bloodseeker or @CoverGhoul please post up the video link via Chatbox, and for all visitor, Im very sorry for this inconvinience and wish me luck.
Silhouette is a ranged Agility hero based around quick, unpredictable movements and attacks. She’s definitely got carry potential, but also houses an array of early game action tools to let her get in the fray early on. Silhouette has the arsenal of any self-respecting ninja: she owns a vast collection of shiny throwing projectiles, and always has her trusty grappling hook with her. Ninjas are tricky, and Silhouette is no exception; even her Shadow is a weapon.
Silhouette’s combat style reflects her creative and resourceful nature. She uses her blades defensively and offensively, at both close quarters and long distance. Her grappling hook is a versatile tool for her to gain combat mobility or take advantage of the power of a nice, strong piece of wood. Silhouette’s Shadow allows her to almost be in two places at once, and she prefers to execute her foes in a quick and painful flurry.
Readmore about PCGamer Speculation exclusively in :
AzorMx : " I read in your blog a while ago about another iteration of the blood chalice, any chance you can tell us more about that? "
" The other iteration of the Blood Chalice is as follows. It's pretty safe for me to disclose it now, since I believe the idea is scapped.
- 400 - 450 gold -single item, like Mana Battery (no components) -no stat bonuses, just the 150 HP and get 100 MP conversion -on nearby hero death, passively gives you a charge, up to 2 charges -charge grants a single use of Blood Chalice that DOESN'T reduce health
Basically, if you were near a kill, you got a "free" use of Blood Chalice. I still maintain that this version of Chalice is superior, and I've always felt that the stats on Blood Chalice made it too strong. However, it seems that Chalice usage has stabilized, so I don't think we'll be changing it anytime soon. "
Note: Due to a minor error (my fault) the Mac/Linux patches will be a few hours behind. Sorry.
Version 2.0.25 ------------- - Added a new Pestilence Alt Avatar: Ladybug Pestilence - Fix to a server issue that caused them to degrade after extended uptime - Alchemist Bones have been changed back to the 2-charge buildup version
------------- - Fixed resetting keybinds
Version 2.0.24 ------------- - Fixed a stringtable error with Engineer'sSpider Mines - Fixed a cosmetic shop model that was missing - Fixed Nomad's third level of Sandstorm giving 1500% movespeed - Updated the icon for Rosie Engineer
- Fixed the Zzz above creeps for player controlled units
- Vagabond Leader,Minotaur, and Catman Champion now no longer use abilities against Magic Immune units
== Items ==
- Token of Life duration lowered from 10 minutes to 7 minutes
* Kongor's respawn time is still 10 minutes
- Bastard Sword removed from the game
- Halberd removed from the game
- Fortified Bracelet renamed to Fortified Bracer
- Talisman of Exile renamed to Amulet of Exile
- Great Arcana renamed to Arcana
See something weird like gold mechanic creature that do Ka Boom to Plague?
Is it just a joke to tease us?Or maybe Engineer Alt.Avatar or the craziest thing is Techies coming to Newerth?
So a visitor just told me about Female Engineer(his Alt Avatar I think) in 3:10 also, there was a shiny gold mine near female engi and it exploded, I think its not female engi turret, so what is that thing?new item?
Role: The Nomad is an elusive melee semi-carry that puts an emphasis on the player’s decision-making and reflexes over raw, head-on damage output. His skills are designed to reward and complement players who prefer to outplay their opponents by way of deception and guile.
Sandstorm: When Sandstorm is activated, the Nomad conjures a whirling cyclone of dust around him that envelops himself and nearby allies in a shroud of invisibility. In addition, they receive a significant movement speed bonus, while enemies within the sandstorm lose movement speed. This duality allows for Sandstorm to be a very useful tool for both chasing and escaping. An ally in need can be hidden from opponents and escorted to safety, or the skill may be used to initiate upon the opposing team. Because the enemy cannot see under the Sandstorm, they never know how many of you are approaching.
Mirage Strike: Leveling up Mirage Strike grants two sub-abilities: True Strike and Mirage Strike. True Strike will cause the Nomad to charge recklessly at an opponent, dealing high physical damage and increasing his attack speed. Mirage Strike will cause the Nomad to become invisible and send an illusion to perform the charge in his stead. Proper use and a mixture of True Strike and Mirage Strike is what will keep your opponents on their toes. By never allowing them the luxury of knowing whether you’re really charging at them, you can take the opportunity to deal extra damage.
Wanderer: The Nomad’s passive ability charges his sword with the sand around him as he moves. With each 100 distance traveled, his next attack gains a significant boost to attack damage. This ability allows him to deal very high damage when coupled with Mirage and True Strike. It also means that when he chases an opponent, he is constantly charging up Wanderer for his next attack.
Edge Counter (Ultimate): Edge Counter is the Nomad’s greatest asset in a large-scale battle, as it can often be the difference between winning or losing an encounter. When activated, Edge Counter puts the Nomad in a one-second state of stasis. If he is attacked, damaged, or spell casted upon by an enemy hero during this state, the Nomad shrugs the attack off and counters his assailant with a massive wave of sand, dealing high magic damage and stunning anyone in its wake. His stunned opponents then become vulnerable to a volley of attacks from True Strike.
" RedditHoN.com is a brand new site for the reddit community of S2 Games’ popular Heroes of Newerth.
We seek to bring you all kinds of features and events, from AMAs with S2 Staff and top tier players, to redditor only tournaments to test your skill against others. To start things off, we’re planning on revealing new features of the site and events every day this week!
Today we plan on stress testing the servers and some back end features for stability, but also bringing the new sub-reddit CSS overhaul! Head over here to choose your account’s icon and add your in-game name to your account. Please be patient with waiting for the initial update, this is our first large scale test of the system.
We plan on using this website as a place or organize events and give us a bit more freedom outside of reddit. If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to ask them in the thread on the sub-reddit. "
Fill the position today and chance to win the car in S2Games parking lot(they bought it from the goblin coins)
Are you sitting around with nothing to do? Are you underachieving and not reaching your full e-potential? Well look no further! S2 Games is looking for dedicated, skilled individuals to join the ranks of our private Beta Testing Group and help us test upcoming new patches and content and provide helpful feedback.
Don't miss an opportunity to be part of the behind-the-scenes team that makes HoN possible while also having the chance to receive special S2 perks for your time and effort. Note1: None of the following are paid positions. Note2: The SBT & RCT clients are both PC only. So to Mac/Linux users... sorry, but you are out of luck!